Be Prepared With These Time-Saving Tips
Good to know:
- To transfer content, devices must be functioning and able to power on
- Back-up or transfer any personal data stored on the devices (texts, pictures, contacts, apps, etc.)
- For Samsung Galaxy devices, you can back up and transfer content via Samsung Smart-Switch
- For Android devices, you can back up and transfer your content via Google
- For Apple devices transferring to Apple devices, you can back up and transfer content via Apple Support
- If you're not sure how to back up content on your particular device, you can find specific, step-by-step instructions in our Device Tutorials
- Unlock any devices being returned or traded-in by removing the passcode
- To disable passcode on Android devices, please refer to our Device Tutorials for your specific device
- For Apple devices, you should also disable "Find my iPhone/Find my iPad". View instructions.
- If you've installed any apps, be prepared to reinstall them on your new device
Please note: U.S. Cellular is not responsible for charges related to application installation
Ready to visit a store? Find the one nearest you >
Smart Tip: Some stores will even let you schedule an appointment ahead of time.